Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Least Favourite Book In Your Favourite Series

Hey Everyone,

Today's post is all about some of my favourite series. People normally talk about what they liked the most of their favourite series but this post has a bit of a twist. Today I will be sharing with you all, my top 5 least favourite book from those series. There is a quite a few series that I love but the ones in this list will not be my absolute favourite ones but simply the ones that I could think of where there was one book that I clearly liked less than the rest. So let's get started!


5. Legend By Marie Lu (Book 1 in the Legend Trilogy)

This series is my absolute favourite series which I can say no wrong about. If I had to choose which book I least liked, It would be the first book but it's not what you think. This is a bit of a cheat answer but I found that the first book was an amazing introduction and that the series only got better with each book. So out of the three books, this was the one that I liked least.




4. The Order Of The Phoenix By J.K. Rowling (Book 5 in the Harry Potter Series) 

A new favourite series of mine as I had only read them this month and have been obsessed with them. Out of the series, I didn't particularly enjoy this book due to all the teenage drama that is presented throughout it. It was a great book but was very long and boring at times. This book could probably have been half the size than it ended up being.



3. TTYL by Lauren Myracle (Book 1 in the Internet Girls Series)  

I read this series a long time ago and straight away fell in love with it. I have yet to read the latest book in this series that came out a couple of years ago but so far, I would have to say that the first book was my least favourite. This book was filled with early teenage drama of mean girls, fights with best friends and of course boys. The series does get better but I think the first one was a bit average compared to the other two. I still really enjoyed it but just not as much as the others.


2. Through The Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter (Book 2 in the White Rabbit Chronicles)

Another cheat choice for me since I have yet to read the other two books in this series but this book was definitely a step down from the first book. I really enjoy this series (from what I've read) and was a bit disappointed with the second as I felt like I spent most of the book just looking back on events I read in the first book. I will still continue the series, as I know I'm going to love it but this wasn't very good.


1. New Moon By Stephenie Meyer (Book 2 in the Twilight Saga)

Probably one of my all time favourite series is the Twilight Saga as I love reading about all these characters. In saying this though, there has always been one book in the series that I really didn't like and that is the second book, New Moon. I really didn't like this book especially since Edward wasn't around. Frankly Jacob annoys me and so did Bella as she was so depressing. I was glad the books got better after this one. 



So those are my top 5 least favourite books from my favourite series that I have read but didn't like as much as the other books in the series. Let me know what your top 5 is this week and don't forget to check out the Top 5 Wednesday group on goodreads.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe