Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Books That Feature Time Travel

Hey Everyone,

So today's Top 5 Wednesday topic is books that involve time travel. Unfortunately I haven't read much about time travel but there is a lot that I want to read. For this reason, I have decided that instead of not making any post today, I would just share with you the top 5 books that I WANT to read that has time travel (from what I've heard) that I already own.

Here we go !!!

5. Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children By Ransom Riggs

So I read the graphic novel of this book and absolutely love it. Now I really want to pick up the books to find out what happens next. This book has time travel throughout it which is nicely placed in the background of the plot. This series is about a boy who stumbles upon a mysterious home of unique children who all have amazing powers after his grandfather is murdered by a monster. I really want to read these books and find out more about this world.


4. A Thousand Pieces Of You By Claudia Gray

I found this book through booktube as so many people were talking about it especially because of it's beautiful cover. I picked it up because of all the talk but once I looked more into it, I got more intrigued. It is about a girl whose father is murdered but suspect goes on the run through different dimensions. This girl must now chase the killer through these dimensions to bring him to justice. That is pretty much all I know about it and so I'm not sure if it counts as time travel. Never the less, I am excited to get to it.


3. Ruby Red By Kerstin Gier

This series sounds amazing and it is definitely one that I have been wanting to read for a while. When I first discovered booktube, this was one of the books that everyone was talking about and it was well loved. From what I can gather about it, It is about a girl who knows that her family genes pass down the ability to time travel although it is suspected that it will skip her genes. Wanting to live a normal life she is unexpectedly transported to the past where she meets a boy who can also time travel. I'm really excited to read this series, and hopefully I pick it up sooner rather than later.

2. The Next Together By Lauren James

I stumbled upon this book whilst I was at work and was putting it on the shelf. I was straight away drawn to the cover, so I then read the synopsis and was instantly interested. Funnily enough I then received it in my YA Chronicle box that month and have wanted to read it since. This book follows two characters who are destined to be born over and over again for the good of the world. And each time, they fall in love with one another only to be separated again. It sounds like it's going to be a heartbreaking read but I am really excited to pick it up. Again I'm not to sure if this counts as time travel.

1. The Time Traveler's Wife By Audrey Niffenegger

This is the most exciting book on this list that I have wanted to read for a really long time. I really loved the movie and so I feel like I really love the book which I've heard really good things about. For those who don't know, this book is about a woman who meets this mysterious man when she was little who ends up being a time traveller. It is just their story of how their relationship begins to blossom in such an untraditional way. I really want to read this book soon and so I hope to get to it over the next month.

So those are my top 5 time travel books that I want to read that I already own. Doing this list I am now more motivated to read them soon. Let me know what your top 5 is this week and don't forget to check out the Top 5 Wednesday group on goodreads. 

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe