Friday, March 25, 2016

Book Tag Friday: The Bookish Bookin Book Tag

Hey Everyone,

Today's tag post is one that was created by Bekah over at  Bekah AwesomeBookNut on YouTube. She is a booktuber who I only just recently subscribed to and have been loving very much. She posted this tag about a week ago and I was very excited to do it. Be sure to check out Bekah's channel as she is really honest and has such great energy. If you would like to see Bekah's answers to questions, you can see them at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCN0hMesny0

Let's get started!

1. What is a well loved book that you hated?

Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler & Maira Kalman: I read this book a while ago before I heard anyone else talk about and absolutely hated it. I couldn't stand it and it really irritated me. After I finished, I heard more people were reading it and loving it. I couldn't understand why but if you would like more of my thoughts, I did write a full review a while ago.

2. What is a guilty pleasure book?

The Internet Girls Series by Lauren Myracle: I love this series and will find myself reading them over and over again. It follows three best friends from their freshman year to college and it is full of teenage girl drama. It is definitely a guilty pleasure for me and I wish more people would read them.


3. Have you ever spoiled a book for someone? If so, which book?

I don't think I've ever spoiled a book for anyone although on occasion, I will just talk about a book to a person who doesn't intend to read it and spoil it to them but they don't really care. I am very serious when it comes to spoilers, I don't want to ruin things for people.

4. What book made you ugly cry?

One Day by David Nicholls: Now I have yet to find a book that has made me ugly cry but I have shed some tears during some books. This is one of those books and it was so heart breaking, I'm sure I cried like 3 times through out it.

5. What is your latest DNF?

Fun Home by Alison Bechdel: I mentioned this in this weeks Top 5 Wednesday post but I decided to DNF this book simply because I lost interest and it got a little confusing for me. I might pick it up again in the future but for now I don't intend to.

6. Which book have you read due to controversy?

Honestly, I haven't read anything that is seen to be controversial but there is a couple of books I hope to read in the future that have some controversy such as the Girl Online series by Zoe Sugg. I really want to read the series since everyone has been talking about it. 

7. Have you read a book where you questioned the authors' sanity?

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn: This book was so creepy and crazy that I did begin to question the author's sanity. It is so well written but even from the first chapter it is so crazy and extremely detailed. I must admit that this book haunted me for a while.

8. What is the most cringe-worthy book you've read?

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover: This book had a lot of cringe worthy moments that were quite uncomfortable to read. There were some good parts of the story but overall it was really embarrassing to go through. 

9. What book have you read sole due to the cover?

Between The Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer: This book came into work and I thought the cover was so beautiful that I had to buy it. I read this book in one sitting and it was amazing and extremely creative. I really loved reading it.

10. Name a book you're embarrassed to admit you've read.

The Intimate Adventures Of A London Call Girl by Belle De Jour: I'm not entirely embarrassed to admit reading this book because I did find it very interesting, but it is definitely not something I normally would read and it generally shocks people who know me when I mention it. That would be why I get embarrassed.

11. Name an unknown book you wish more people know of.

The Tiny Wife by Andrew Kaufman: I absolutely loved this book and have not heard enough people talk about it. It is a short book that packs a punch as some much is going on in such a small amount of time. If you want to hear more of my thought, I have a full review on this book that I wrote a while ago.

12. Name a favourite villain.

Harley Quinn from the Batman Comics: I haven't read a lot of novels that have a distinctive villain as I read mainly contemporary books. In saying this, I do read quite a bit of comic books especially in the DC comic world and Harley Quinn would definitely be my favourite. She is so kick ass and calculating as well as being a bit dopey. 

13. Name a book you enjoyed that you read that is outside the norm of genre you usually read.

The Widow by Fiona Barton: I read this book for work and I was such an interesting read. I don't normally read psychological thrillers or crime novels but I really liked this one and enjoyed the way it was written. This book makes me want to read more from this genre.

14. Name tropes you actually enjoy reading.
Death Trope: This is going to sound weird but I like reading books that involve important characters dying as I find interesting to read about the reactions and events that occur as a result of it. People react to death differently and so this is the same for book characters.
Friends to Lovers Trope: I love a good romance and I especially love reading about friends who fall for each other. I love watching relationships grow from simple friendships even though it makes the story quite predictable. I think this is a relatable trope in books and I always enjoy reading it. 

15. What/who inspired you to join book tube/book blogging?

I discovered the booktube community about 2 years ago and thought it was such a clever idea to share reviews on books I've read since I want to work in publishing one day. I started blogging back then because I was too scared to film myself and put it on youtube but it kind of fell through. I was inspired by a couple of my favourite booktubers (Lindsey Rey & Sarah Churchill) to finally commit to posting up reviews again on my blog  just this year. So far I have been doing really well but I thank them for being such inspirations to me.  

So that's the Bookish Bookin Book Tag and I tag Lindsey Rey, Sarah Churchill, Candy K and Lizzy Baldwin. Be sure to check out any of the bloggers/booktubers I mentioned in this post as they are all really amazing!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe