Saturday, March 12, 2016

Book Tag Friday: The Goodreads Tag

Hey Everyone,

Here is another tag post that I owe because I wasn't able to post last week due to my brother's wedding. So today I will be doing the Goodreads tag. This is a pretty old tag that everyone did a couple of years ago. I was wondering what tag I should do for you guys and as I searching youtube, I came across Kassidy from Kassidy Voinche's video doing this tag and though it was fun. Kassidy mentions that this is an original tag by Kayla from Spiral Bookmark so be sure to check out both channels. If you would like to see Kassidy's answers from 2014, you can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWoVoBGjERc

Let's get into it!

1. What was the last book you marked as 'read'?

Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang - I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I was going to. I will have a more detailed review coming in my March wrap up at the end of the month.













2. What are you currently reading?

Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling - Finally continuing the Harry Potter series after putting it off for so long. So far, I am enjoying it and excited to get into the next books.  

3. What was the last book you marked as 'TBR'?

Amulet Book 7: Firelight by Kazu Kibuishi - I only just found out that this book has been released and I am really excited. I have been waiting for this book for over a year now and so I'm glad that I can finally get my hands on it and find out what happens.




4. What book do you plan to read next?

Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire by J.K. Rowling - I plan to continue reading the series until I've completed them all. So I should be picking up this one straight away but I might sneak in a graphic novel in there before starting it.

5. Do you use the star rating system?

I sure do - I get why some people choose not to but I just find it easier for myself to understand how much I liked a book. I will say that I wish there were half stars available, for it would be great to give a book half stars when you don't want to give it full stars.





6. Are you doing a 2016 Reading Challenge?

I sure am - I have set myself a goal of 80 books. Originally I had it at 100 but felt like it would be too much pressure so I changed it and think 80 is more manageable. I do read a lot of comics and graphic novels so, I will probably go over any ways.

7. Do you have a wishlist?

Not on goodreads - I haven't made a shelf that is wishlist as I just mix everything together into the To-Read shelf. So in this shelf, It is a mix of books I already own and books I want to get.

8. What book do you plan to buy next?

Amulet Book 7: Firelight by Kazu Kibuishi - Honestly, I don't plan what books I buy unless they are orders which I just wait to come in. This book however will most likely be the next book I get because I haven't stopped thinking about it since I found out it's been released.





9. Do you have any favourite quotes, would you like to share a few?

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I'm mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here.” 
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

“I held her close to me with my eyes closed, wondering if anything in my life had ever been this perfect and knowing at the same time that it hadn't. I was in love, and the feeling was even more wonderful than I ever imagined it could be.” 
― Nicholas Sparks, A Walk to Remember



10. Who are your favourite authors?

Rainbow Rowell & Stephanie Perkins - If you follow my instagram, you would have seen me answer this question last month. I don't really have any authors that I've read enough books of theirs to call them my favourite but these two authors have yet to disappoint me with their books.

11. Have you joined any groups?

Top 5 Wednesdays - This is the main group I have joined. There are other groups I am a member of but this is one that I mainly participate in. 

So that was the goodreads tag and I had a lot of fun doing it. Goodreads is one of my main platforms as it is where I put all my star rating throughout the month. If you would like to visit my goodreads and become my friend, the link is at the top of the page. 

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe