Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Biggest Book Hangovers

Hey Everyone,

Today's post is all about book hangovers. I'm sure we've all experienced it, where you finish reading a book and there is just nothing else you want to do but think about what you just read. When I've read a good book, I usually don't want to read anything else for a period of time because I'm still stuck thinking about that book. So today I will be sharing my top 5 book hangovers. Be sure to visit the Top 5 Wednesday's Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-wednesday and join in the fun.

Let's begin!!!

5. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

This series was my life back in high school and so when it ended I could not get over it. Unlike most people, I really enjoyed the final book and thought it added to the story and so I was so unhappy for the series to finish. The ending was satisfying for me and so all I did was sit and think about it once I stopped reading.





4. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

One of my favourite books for 2014, I was shattered after reading this book. It was such an emotional read for me and so when it ended, I spend a lot of time thinking about the characters, the plot and the meaning behind it all. It was really heartbreaking that I took a break for a while from reading for all of it to sink in.





3. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

My favourite book for 2015, and the one that BROKE me. It is a heartbreaking read that toys with your emotions from beginning to end. I absolutely loved it and honestly can't remember how long it took me to read another book after it. The end of this book was just too much for my heart with both good and bad feelings. It was a definitely one of my bigger hang overs.




2. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Rainbow Rowell books just get me every time. How this book made me feel is really hard to put in words but it was amazing. After reading this book, I remember thinking about it a lot and it was all I could talk about. It really broke my heart but it also has an open kind of ending which lead to me over thinking about it. No other book could compare for a while afterwards.




1. Champion by Marie Lu

The biggest book hangover I've ever had that I can remember is definitely Champion. This is the final book in the Legend trilogy which is my favourite series of all time. This book was absolutely amazing until the very end. It was action packed and full of romance and war. I remember being shocked with every twist and turn. When I finished this book and realised the series was over, I was speechless and just refused to read anything else as I let all the events sink in. I remember it being all I could talk about to anyone who would listen. Definitely a fantastic series that left me both happy and sad with its ending.

So those are my top 5 book hangovers, I'm sure there were other that I missed but these are the ones I remembered the most. Let me know your biggest book hangover and also be sure to check out the goodreads page for this group as it is so much fun. 

I hope you all are having an amazing day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe