Friday, March 11, 2016

Book Tag Friday: Totally Should've Book Tag

Hey Everyone,

Today's tag post is one that was recommended to me by one of my favourite booktubers, Lindsey over at https://www.youtube.com/c/LindseyRey. She recently posted a video herself doing this tag and also told me it was fun to make and that I should do it. Be sure to check out her channel because she is amazing. If you would like to see her answers to these questions, you can see them at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3VOECVii7g.

Let's get into it!

1. Totally Should've Gotten A Sequel

Maybe, Someday by Colleen Hoover - I absolutely loved this book and from the ending, there was still so much that could be written. There was a novella written to depict another couple prior to the events in this book but I would love a whole other book about these characters.






2. Totally Should've Had A Spin Off Series

Scott Pilgrim Series by Bryan Lee O'Malley - Kim Pine was my favourite character in this series besides Scott Pilgrim of course. She has such an interesting personality and I think a whole new series just about her life prior to this series and the events after would be so great and fun to read. 





3. An Author Who Totally Should Write More Books

Andrew Kaufman - One of my favourite books is The Tiny Wife which is a short story written by Kaufman about a woman she is shrinking each day after an odd bank robbery. He doesn't have many books out and I would love to read more by him. I especially love his short stories which I wouldn't mind getting some more of.






4. A Character Who Totally Should've Ended Up With Someone Else

Maddy from You're The One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher. This was a hard one as there haven't been many people that I'm not happy with who they end up with. This is probably the closest one I have but I wasn't completely disappointed. If you have read the book, you will know what I'm talking about but pretty much, I was always going for the other guy. It does all make sense though so I'm not too upset.



5. Totally Should've Ended Differently

Allegiant by Veronica Roth - For obvious reasons...If you have read the book, you will know what I mean but it was very unsatisfying. It just didn't make any sense to me.








6. Totally Should've Had A Movie Franchise

The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu - This would be a great movie series because it has drama, action and romance all in one. When I first read this series, there were talks of a movie coming out but I have yet to hear any news since. I would love to see this story come alive on the big screen.






7. Totally Should've Had A TV Show

The Amulet Series by Kazu Kibuishi - An amazing children's graphic novel series that has a lot of fun, magic and adventure in it. This would be perfect as a tv show as background stories and plots could be extended since it is pretty brief in the books. It is also well illustrated which would look great in animation.


8. Totally Should've Had Only One Point Of View

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer - This book was one of my favourites in the series despite it getting a lot of hate when it was released. Although in saying this, I would of liked it better if it was just in the one perspective like the other books are. I didn't really enjoy reading through Jacob's eyes which at times could be interesting. I would much rather it all be told by Bella.





9. Totally Should Have A Cover Change

Any of the Katie McGarry books - I would have to agree with Lindsey on this one as not even the UK/ Aus editions are any better. I have yet to read this series but have heard that they are very good which is why I picked them up despite the covers. I would not have picked them up other wise.






10. Totally Should've Kept The Original Covers

The Internet Girl Series by Lauren Myracle - Not saying I dislike the new covers but the first 3 books were printed with the same fun style of covers. While the new ones still have the same element, it is presented as more polished than what the original ones are. The stories are fun and about girls from middle grade up until college and so I found that the original ones were better. Also now the books don't match on my shelf #bookproblems.


11. Totally Should've Stopped At Book One

Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare -  I really enjoyed the first book in this series but with the next two books, I began to lose interest. I know that it's an extensive story and so the other books are necessary but I was pretty content with just the first one. 







So that is the Totally Should've book tag and I tag everyone to do this tag. Be sure to link me if you decide to do it as I would love to read your answers. 

Hope you are all having a wonderful day! 

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe