Thursday, March 17, 2016

10 Bookish & Blogging Facts About Me

Hey Everyone,

Today's post is a bit of a more personal post that is still related to books and blogging. There is a lot of facts about me that some people find kind of interesting when they get to know me. I thought it would be fun today, to share with you all a few of these facts.

Here they are!

1. I started blogging in 2008

I started a blog back in year 10, where I would just write about silly things that seemed important to me at the time such as friends, schools and most frequently, BOYS! I then made another blog filled with poems that I used to write in classes when I was bored. Since I started this blog, I no longer post on these blogs but they do still exist.

2. I'm only reading Harry Potter this year

To many people's surprise, I had never read the Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling. I had read the first book when I was younger but didn't continue it. I had tried picking up the series a couple of times after that but wasn't able to stick to it. It is only currently that I am reading the series FINALLY. I am currently finishing the fourth book and will be starting the fifth book tomorrow.

3. I can only listen to musical soundtracks when writing posts

I love musicals and can watch them over and over again. I had only recently discovered when starting up this blog again, that I am more focused and able to write better if I am listening to a soundtrack and not just an ordinary album. I especially find that the RENT soundtrack works best for me (for those wondering, it is what I'm listening to right now).

4. I have trouble reading fantasy/Sci-Fi books

I will always pick a contemporary novel over any book that involves a lot of thought and imagination. It's not that I dislike them, I just find them difficult to follow sometimes. There is so many series and books I want to read of this genre but have just been to afraid to start them. I hope to read some this year to break out of my shell a bit.

5. I tried being a booktuber

I have a Youtube channel by the same name of this blog (Louiseereads) but have never posted anything on it. I wanted to be a booktuber so bad and even practised recording myself but I was never happy with how it turned out. I rather enjoy blogging now and might someday try doing booktube again but I don't have any immediate plans.

6. I'm really bad at reading series

Book series are really fun to read as plots generally get better with every book and its great to follow the lives of the characters. I however have a huge problem with keeping up with them. I have a lot of book series (graphic novels/comics included) that I have started but yet to finish even when all the books are out. I find it usually happens because I start them when it isn't complete yet and then have to wait a year or two for the next book to come out and by then I had lost motivation to continue. It's a horrible habit!

7. I have a book buying problem

Like most book lovers, I buy a lot of books. It started when I used to go to op-shops (charity shops) every week after TAFE classes with my friends. There is always so many sales that make book buying cheap such as fill a bag for $10. Then when I started working at QBD, I had also just discovered booktube and bought every book people would talk about that looked good. I literally spent over $100 a month on books. Even today, I still buy a lot but I am truly trying to cut down.

8. I like short books

I prefer to read books that have less than 400 pages. To me these a quicker to read which then means that I have more time to read more books. I myself am not the fastest reader and so I find reading shorter books will allow me to get to more books that I want to read. There is a few books I do want to read that I have been putting off because of their size.

9. I'm the reader of the family

My family is quite a mixed bag as all of us are pretty much interested in different things. I happen to be the only reader in my family. My siblings have tried to read more and I frequently buy them books to get them more interested but in the end I am the reader. I have asked my parents about this (since neither of them read) and my dad always says that I got it from my late grandfather which makes me really happy. I love being the main reader of the family.

10. I have a TBR of about 400 books

This pretty much speaks for itself. I own over 1200 books which include non fiction, fiction, graphic novels/comics and children picture books. Out of these books, I only count particular books as being To Be Read. Since it is such a big number, I am trying to read more books that I already own before I buy more books. It's working out pretty well so far and hope by the end of the year to be in the 200s.

So those are 10 facts that some of you may find interesting like I do. Let me know in the comments some facts about yourself. This was really fun to write, I love letting you guys know more about me.

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe