Friday, March 25, 2016

Series I Want To Start This Year

Hey Everyone,

Today I will be putting up two posts to make up for the lack of a post yesterday. This first post is a list of series that I would love to start (and maybe even finish or be up to date with) this year. This year has so far been a pretty good year of reading and so hopefully I should be able to get to these books that I have been putting off for a while now. I plan to make another post soon about the series I have started and so those ones will not be included in this list.

So in no particular order, lets get started!

Throne Of Glass Series by Sarah J Maas

This is an ongoing series that I have heard nothing but great things about. It is all over book tube and everyone seems to love it and so I picked it up to give it a go. I actually was on the fence about this series for a while and eventually gave away my copy of the first book to my best friend. As more talk about the series comes up I have been more interested to finally read it. Hopefully I can at least read the first book (Throne Of Glass) this year as I know there is still more books coming.



The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

This is a completed series of four books that I have always wanted to read. Again, I have heard only amazing things about this series. The main thing that interests me, is that this series consists of retellings of fairy tales which I absolutely love reading. The first book, Cinder, is a retelling of Cinderella in a more futuristic, sci-fi way. I can't wait to finally start this series, as I'm sure I will love it.




Magisterium Series by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare

This is an ongoing series that I wasn't too sure that I would be interested in. I bought the first book when it first came up, purely because it had Cassandra Clare's name on it but wasn't too interested in the plot. I have had a work friend read it and say that it is very good and that it has a Harry Potter feel to it. As I am currently in the middle of the Harry Potter series and really loving it. I am keen to actually try this series now as I may actually enjoy it.



The Program Series by Suzanne Young

This series has always been on my radar and I'm so excited to finally get into it. Originally a duology but has since expanded to further books (recorded as being different series but in the same world) with some still to be released. This series has always intrigued me as it is set in a dystopian world where suicide is an epidemic. This is probably one of the series I am most looking forward to reading as it seems like one I will really enjoy and keep me on the edge of my seat. I will definitely be picking it up soon.


Ruby Red Trilogy by Kerstin Gier

This is a completed series of three books, all set around time travel. I'm not going to lie, but I was straight away wanting this series purely based on their covers as they are so beautiful. Only recently did I finally look into what they are about to find that the story sounds quite interesting. The books aren't as long as I thought they would be and so I'm sure I could get through them quite easily. This might be the next series I start as I really want to know what happens.



To All the Boys I've Loved Before Duology by Jenny Han

This completed duology is the only contemporary series on this list. When the first book was released, I knew straight away that I needed to get it and read it. Sadly I have put it off and so now I am determined to read it this year. It sounds like a really cute but also heart warming series about love and family. I feel like I would be able to relate to this book a lot as just from the summary I can already see myself in the main character and so I'm very excited to get into it.


The Young Elites Trilogy by Marie Lu

This is an almost completed young adult fantasy series with the final book due to come out this year. I read Marie Lu's previous series, "The Legend Trilogy" a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. It became my favourite series of all time as each book was 5 stars. After finishing that series, I was excited to find out that she has a new series coming out and knew I needed to read it. I finally got a copy for Christmas off a work friend and have yet to pick it up. I think I'm scared that it won't live up to my expectations since I loved her last series but I still really want to give it a shot. Hopefully this year will be the year.

There are a lot of series that I want to read but these are the first few that came to mind that I want to get to soon. I'll be happy to have at least started these series if not finishing them. Let me know what series, you really want to read this year.

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe