Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: "Summer" Reads

Hey Everyone,

Today's post is all about summer reads. Now I'm going to be honest and say, I haven't read very many summery reads and the ones that I have read, I have mentioned before in previous posts. Not wanting to repeat titles again and again, I have decided to mix things up for this weeks top 5 post and list 5 books I want to read that has the word summer in the title. So without further ado, lets get into the list.

5. The Square Root of Summer By Harriet Reuter Hapgood 

This is a book that has just been release this month and I must say that I definitely sounds like a read that I will enjoy. I have been seeing it around and I absolutely love the cover, so I'm surprised I haven't picked up a copy yet. 





4. Open Road Summer By Emery Lord

This book came out a couple of years ago and it was everywhere on booktube. I remember first hearing about this book and thinking that it would be a great cutesy read if I didn't want a heavy read. I have yet to pick it up and with the release of Emery Lord's new book just recently, I think it might be about time to finally read it. 






3. Second Chance Summer By Morgan Matson

This is quite an older book as I have heard people talk about this book even before I was interested in booktube and online book community. I have yet to read a Morgan Matson book, but I have heard that this is a really good one to get into. It seems like it is going to be a heartfelt novel with really important themes and so I'm excited to get into it.







I have wanted to read a Jenny Han book for a really long time now but I just haven't pick them up yet. This is the first book in a contemporary trilogy. I think that it will be a nice light cutesy read that may give me some kinds of feels. I actually think that this might be the next book I pick up because it sounds just what I need to get out of my reading slump (which has been going on for over a month now...). I'm excited to get into this cute little series.




1. Summer Days & Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories By Various Authors (Edited By Stephanie Perkins)

So I preordered this book when I first heard about it and am still waiting for it to arrive at my store which will hopefully be this week. I have yet to read Stephanie Perkins' winter story compilation that she put together a couple of years ago but I am really excited for this summer themed one. It has stories from some well known authors such as Cassandra Clare, Lev Grossman and Leigh Bardugo as well as a story from Stephanie Perkins (who I absolutely love). I am so excited for this book and may have to save it for when summer rolls around here in Australia.

So those are the top 5 "Summer" book that I want to read that just happen to have the word summer in the title. Be sure to let me know what your top 5 is for this week and don't forget to check out the Top 5 Wednesday group on goodreads.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe