Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Characters You Are Most Like

Hey Everyone,

Today's post is all about characters that I share traits with. We have all read a book and felt like we connected with one of the characters as they reminded us of ourselves. That is what this week's Top 5 list is about. Here is the 5 characters, I feel that I am most like. Let's get into it.

5. Min From "Why We Broke Up" By Daniel Handler 

Despite that fact I didn't like this book, I was still able to relate to Min in some ways. It is quite obvious that she was a sentimental type of person as she kept a lot of little mementos to represent the special times that she and Ed shared. I too do this type of thing but not exclusively to relationships. I love to keep things such as tickets from movies and name cards from weddings as they mean something to me. I too keep them in a box and some times go through it to reminisce. This is a very similar thing that Min does.





4. Klaus From "A Series Of Unfortunate Events" By Lemony Snicket

Klaus is the middle child of the three Baudelaire orphans. I am seen as one of the middle children of my family as I am one of four children but am the middle girl of the family. Although this isn't really the reason why I picked him. Klaus also loves to read and learn about things through books. I can greatly relate to this as I also obviously love to read. I also love looking up things online to learn more about it. An example would be when I'm curious about how something works, I would also look it up and watch videos of people taking objects apart to show how it functions. I love learning random things like that and I feel like Klaus is probably known to do that to but with books rather than the Internet.


3. Sophie From "Billy And Me" By Giovanna Fletcher

Sophie is a very quiet and kind personality which I feel like I share. She works in a local coffee shop and loves interacting with others but also prefers to spend some quiet time by herself. I also work in a customer driven place (a bookstore) and I love talking to customers and helping them out but when I'm at home, I like to be by myself and just spend time to relax. She also doesn't like to have too much attention on her which I can definitely relate to. I find it quite unnerving when everyone is staring at me or expecting me to do something. It makes me really shy and scared which is how Sophie feels when her relationship becomes a public thing and people begin to watch her. She is a very relatable character.


2. Lincoln From "Attachments" By Rainbow Rowell

Lincoln is a geeky characters who takes up a job to fill his time while he discovers what her really wants to do. I relate to him so much as I feel like I am also quite a geeky and nerdy person as I love video games and comics like Lincoln does. I also had a period of time after finishing TAFE that I didn't really know what I wanted to do. It was great reading about him as a character as I felt like I could really connect with him which made me enjoy the book that much more. Another thing about him that I felt is similar to myself is how loving and passionate he can be. When he first starts reading Beth's emails he starts to get invested in her life and falls for her pretty hard. I feel like I am pretty guilty of this too as I fall for people quite quickly. Once I see traits, I like in a person, I fall for them pretty bad which seemed the same for Lincoln. He is a really great character. 

1. Emma From "One Day" By David Nicholls

Emma is probably one of the most relatable characters I have come across. What makes me relate to her the most is the path she took to follow her dreams. The funny thing about this is that she starts off not knowing where she wants to be after college and ends up working in a restaurant before finally deciding to pursue her dreams. I too am kind of in that stage of my life where I started off by not knowing exactly what I wanted to be but now I'm just working in a book store until I get the motivation to follow my own aspirations. Expresses such passion for writing during the book which I can share with her. I don't exactly want to be a writer but I am passionate about books and I want to help people with their writing. In addition to this trait of hers, she is also a caring person who looks out and helps those who she thinks really needs her which I definitely can relate to. I try to help everyone I can when I see that they need a hand. It's something about me that I really like about myself. There are other things about her that I can relate to but those are definitely the main ones. 


So those are my top 5 characters that I feel that I am most like. I must admit that it was quite difficult creating this post because not only did I have a tough time coming up with characters I felt actually connect with but also it felt really personal to open up about myself a bit as I tried to explain my choices. I did enjoy it though and hope you all let me know what your top 5 is this week. Please don't forget to check out the Top 5 Wednesday group on goodreads.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe