Friday, May 6, 2016

Book Tag Friday: How I Read Tag

Hey Everyone,

Today's second post is a tag I found while googling for a new tag to do. This tag is called the How I Read tag and I found it through Ashley at Climb The Stacks on Youtube. I'm not too sure who the original creator was, so if you do know, please let me know in the comments. This tag is all about how I read and this should be an interesting tag to answer. If you would like to see Ashley's answers you can view them at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMXTWolCVe4. Lets get into it!


1. How do you find out about new books to read?

I normally find out about new books through work (I work in a book store) or through people on goodreads & youtube. It is so dangerous watching book hauls at the end of every month as I hear about new books that sound great and so my TBR grows longer. 

2. How did you get into reading?

I'm not too sure, when I was younger I loved to read and would read whatever I could find. For as long as I've known, I have been into reading but I think it has only been over the last few years that I've really been into it and tried to read more each month.

3. How has your taste in books changed since you've gotten older?

Well I now read a lot of romance books as I love following different relationships. When I was younger I loved to read adventure books and books that were out of the ordinary. I still like to read those type of books but I would choose a contemporary over a fantasy book any day.

4. How often do you buy books?

Every week. I'm not going to lie, working in a book store is bad for the wallet especially when you see such amazing books come into the store. If I'm not buying a stack of books in a week, I'm at least putting them on hold or laybying them. I was suppose to be on a book buying ban but as you could probably tell from my book hauls, I have given up on it.

5. How did you get into booktubing?

I personally don't booktube but my inspiration for book blogging came from booktube. I can't exactly remember how I got into it but I think it was a couple of years ago when I stumbled on a random booktube channel and got sucked into the world. I think it was book hauls and book shelf tours that got me fully into booktube.

6. How do you react when you don't like the end of a book?

It's always disappointing when you read a book and dislike the ending. I've had that happen to me a few times and it really makes me hesitant to read more from the author. If it's just the ending of the book I didn't like, I would probably still recommend it to people and give it a good rating. Although I have found that when I don't like the ending, I usually didn't like much of the book at all.

7. How often have you taken a sneaky look at the back page of a book to see if it's a happy ending?

Never. I've been tempted a few times, especially when things seem to be getting tough but I have never looked to see if it ends all good. I feel like it would take away from the book if I knew how it ended before getting to the end.

8. How many people are you going to tag, and who are they?

I'm going to tag 3 bookstagramers/bloggers that I love. They are Jessica from Paper Utopia, Inge from Of Wonderland and Sammy from Sumaiyya Reads

So that was the How I Read Tag. Sorry that this tag is a bit shorter than I usually make them as I wanted to just make a extra quick post for you all. Be sure to check out all the bloggers and booktubers that I mentioned in this post as they are amazing.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe