Friday, May 13, 2016

Book Tag Friday: The Book Calendar Tag

Hey Everyone,

Today's post is a tag that I found while searching the internet for a new book tag to do. I stumbled upon this one and thought that it sounded really interesting. This tag is called The Book Calendar Tag which I found on a blog called Debra's Book Cafe which is run by Debra. The original creator of this tag was MoMo from The Booktube Girl on Youtube. The idea of this blog is that there is a question for each month of the year which corresponds with a holiday. I thought it was really original and am excited to be doing it. Be sure to watch the original video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl3w41JnN20 and Also read Debra's post here: http://debrasbookcafe.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/the-calender-book-tag.html.

Let's get started!

January: New Years 
(Name a new release coming out this year that you are greatly anticipating.)

Harry Potter And The Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling: I'm sure the whole world is anticipating this book right now and that includes me. When this book got announced, I wasn't overly thrilled because I hadn't read the books yet but I have now finally read them all and I just can't wait to get my hands on this new book. Definitely the book I'm most looking forward to getting.



February: Leap Year 
(Name a book or series that you would like to skip, and refuse to read.)

The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo: Though this is a very popular series that is always being talk about on bookstagram and booktube, I really have no interest in reading it. I honestly don't know what the series is about despite listening to many people talk about it. It has never grabbed my attention and so I don't think I will ever read it.





March: St Patrick's Day 
(Favourite book set in the countryside or a rural area?)

A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks: Set in the country town of Beaufort in North Carolina during the year of 1958. I really love this book and the setting of this wonderful little town where everyone knows each other. It is probably one of the only books I've read that is set in a kind of rural area.





April: April Fool’s 
(Name a book that had a story that tricked you into thinking it was going in one direction, but ended up going in a completely different one.)

Legend by Marie Lu: The Legend Trilogy is my favourite series but I'll be honest, when I first started reading it I was expecting a different kind of story. By the end of this first book, I don't even remember what the beginning was like as it felt like a totally different book. I absolutely loved the plot twists.




May: Mothers Day 
(Name a book that is always there for you, that you love and lightens the mood when you are feeling down.)

It's Not The End Of The World by Judy Blume: I don't normally read when I need a pick-me-up but back when I was in primary school and early high school, I would read a lot to distract myself. This was one of those books that I read, over and over again and never got tired of. I loved this book so much that my copy is now pretty worn out.




June: Summer Solstice 
(Name a book that felt like it took forever to read.)

Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler & Maira Kalman: This book me forever to get through and by the end of it, I was just trying to force myself to finally complete it. I ended up not really liking this book which was probably what lead to me reading it really slowly. It really just wasn't for me.





July: Independence Day 
(Name a strong and independent character that inspired you.)

Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling: She is such an amazing character who is full of such great knowledge but can also be really kick-ass when she needs to be. I think she is a great model of someone who always knows the right thing to do despite being annoying sometimes.





August: No holidays
(If you could create a holiday that in some way concerned books, what would it be?)

Reading To Others Day: I would love if there was a day where you had to go out to like retirement homes, hospitals or centres and just read a book to another person who may not be able to do it alone. That would be an amazing day as I think it could really make another person's day when you share and experience like reading a book together.


September: 9/11 Remembrance Day
(What is a book that had a huge impact on you, one that you will always remember?)

Love Is The Higher Law by David Levithan: This book actually takes place during the time of the 9/11 and how it affected three different people. This was such a confronting book as it talked about what had happened and how people were taking it. It really gave me a wide perspective on what had happened as I'm from Australia and so I didn't get the full impact of the tragic event. It really an interesting read that I will definitely always remember.


October: Halloween
(What is your favourite mystery or horror book?)

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn: Definitely still the creepiest book I've read. This was my first psychological thriller and I must say that it really did terrify me. It was written so well that it kept a dark tone throughout the whole novel but only reveal little information at a time until the final moments. A great book but will truly freak you out.




November: Thanksgiving
(What series are you most thankful exists?)

The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer: No matter what people say, I will always really love this series. It will always have a place in my heart as it was a series that I read when I wasn't reading very much. I only used to read really easy and short books as I was pretty scared to branch out in bigger and better books. This was the series that helped me get out of my shell and I never looked back. If I didn't read this series, I don't think I would be the reader that I am today. 


December: Christmas
(If you could recommend your viewers/readers a book as a gift, what would you recommend?)

The Invention Of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick: This is a great book that I feel like anyone can enjoy. It is quite an interesting story of a boy who lives in a train station. There is a lot of questions that go unanswered until the reveal of it all in the end. I loved this book and recommend it to everyone as it was such a different way of story telling but also has a really fascinating tale. There is something for everyone in this beautiful book.



So that was The Book Calendar Tag. I had a lot of fun doing this tag and  hope you all enjoyed reading it too. Be sure to check out all the bloggers and booktubers that I mentioned in this post as they are amazing. Also if you have any tags that you would like me to see, please leave your suggestion down in the comments as I am always looking for tags to complete.

I tag Lindsey from Lindseyrey, Regan from Peruse Project, Jacqueline from JBooklover & Zoe from Readbyzoe. I don't know if any of them have done this tag but I would love to see what their answers would be.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe