Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Authors You'd Want To Meet

Hey Everyone,

Today's post is all about authors I would love to meet, but more specifically authors I would like to meet who will be at Book Expo America (BEA) or Bookcon this year. These two events are two of the biggest book conventions in the world that take place in the US. Unfortunately I won't be going to either of them as I live in Australia but never the less, these are the top 5 authors I would of liked to have seen if I were attending. Let's get into it!

5. Jenny Han 
(Book Con)

Author of some well know contemporary series which include "The Summer I Turned Pretty" Trilogy and the "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" Duology. To be honest, I have yet to read any of her books but they are titles that I really want to get to because I just know I will enjoy them. I would love to meet her as I would love to learn more about her. I've heard great things about her books as well as her as a person through people online and so I'm sure she would be super nice. I also follow her instagram and love it. 



4. David Levithan
(Book Expo America & Book Con)

Author of many Young Adult novels such as Everyday, Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist and The Lover's Dictionary. I've only read a couple of books by David levithan with one of them being a book that I absolutely hated and the other being one that I really loved. I would love to meet him and just tell him how one of his books really impacted my life. He has so many novels and I really need to catch up on them.




3. Hannah Hart
(Book Con)

Youtuber, best known for her series called "My Drunk Kitchen" and best selling author of the cookbook with the same title. I absolutely love Hannah Hart and follow her on all her social medias. I would absolutely love to meet her, simply to just tell her how much she makes me laugh and smile everyday. She has a new book called Buffering that will be coming out towards the end of the year which will contain her stories and little insights to life. I am so excited for this book and can't wait to get my hands on a copy. She is one of my favourite youtubers and it would just be awesome to meet her.


2. Nicholas Sparks
(Book Expo America)

Author of best selling romance novels such as The Notebook and Dear John. I would definitely need to meet Nicholas Sparks if I was going to BEA. A Walk To Remember is one of my all time favourite books which I have read and reread many times. It is just such a great book that I always like to pick up when I'm in a slump. I would love to meet him and tell him how much his book as made me love to read. Though the book is simple, it is still my absolute favourite romance and I would love to tell him how his books make me feel. I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to meet this talented writer.


1. Raina Telgemeier
(Book Expo America & Book Con)

Author and Illustrated of the graphic novel, 'Drama' as well as her own graphic memoirs "Sisters" and "Smile". If I was going to BEA or Book Con, I would make sure that definitely meet Raina Telgemeier as she is one of my favourite graphic novelists. She has a wonderful art style and her books are really relatable. I would love to meet her and hopefully get a chance to talk to her about her books as I find them all amazing. I would also love to get a hint about what she is currently working on as I am just dying to get my hands on new titles by her. She would definitely be my number one person to meet, out of the people who are meeting lists for the two events. 

So those are my top 5 authors I'd want to meet if I was going to Book Con or BEA this year. I generally want to meet authors that I have read a least one title of but it would also be cool to meet authors of books that I've heard nothing but great things about. Let me know what your top 5 is this week and don't forget to check out the Top 5 Wednesday group on goodreads.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe