Friday, May 6, 2016

Book Tag Friday: The McFLY Book Tag

Hey Everyone,

Today's post is a tag that I'm so happy to have found. So as many people know, I love the UK band McFLY and last week they had announced that they are going back on tour in the UK. Even though I won't be seeing them, I am still really excited that they are performing again after a couple of year of being McBusted rather than just McFLY. So in honour of this exciting news, I found this book tag all about McFLY songs that was inspired by the Taylor Swift book tag. The original creator of this tag was a youtuber named Juh Claro. Her video is in Portuguese and so I have translated the questions or have altered them to what I think she was trying to say. If you would like to watch the original video, you can view it at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvr6pyhy2Cw. Let's get right into it!

1. All About You 
(A book with a sweet romance)

Billy And Me by Giovanna Fletcher: I think that it's only fair that I pick one of Giovanna Fletcher's books for this question as this song was actually written for her by the lead singer of the band (Her husband), Tom Fletcher. I really did find the romance in this book to be really sweet minus all the drama that took place. They were a cute couple and I'm so excited for the sequel that comes out this year. 


2. Broccoli 
(A book that talks about food or leave you hungry (describing foods, recipes or pass in a restaurant))

Relish: My Life In The Kitchen by Lucy Knisley: This is a graphic memoir of Lucy Knisley's life involving food and I will admit that it definitely made me hungry. She talks about all the different food from around the world and even gives recipes on how to make some of the foods. I have been tempted to make some of them after reading this book for sure.




3. Five Colours In Her Hair 
(A book with an out of the ordinary protagonist)

Elphaba from Wicked by Gregory Maguire: I don't think it gets any more unique than a witch who is completely green in colour. Though she perceived as an evil woman because of her appearance, She is actually quite a normal person with just odd ways of thinking. I absolutely loved Elphaba and loved reading her story.





4. I'll Be OK 
(A self help book or book with a life lesson message)

The Alphabet Of The Human Heart by Matthew Johnstone & James Kerr: This is such a great self help book. I read this book when I was really down one day and it really helped me get a better perspective on things. It is a book that goes through the positive and negative parts of life that affect our emotions. Such an amazing read.




5. No Worries 
(A character without a care in the world)

Luna Lovegood from The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling: Luna is such a great character as she is both strange but also inspirational. She always seems to not have any worries despite what is going on around her. She seems to constantly stay positive but can also understand when things are quite serious. She was definitely the first character I thought of when I saw this question.



6. Party Girl 
(A book in which the protagonist is the life of the party)

Dexter from One Day by David Nicholls: I chose Dex because he has quite an outgoing personality and he does attend a lot of events and parties. I feel like that if I was at party that he was attending, I would surely know he was there. He seems like the type of person that likes the attention and also likes to have a good time.





7. Please, Please 
(A new adult book)

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover: This book definitely fits this song and question as it follows two characters who are attracted to each other and begin to have a sexual relationship. I personally didn't really like this book but there is a lot of good reviews of this book all over the internet. 






8. POV 
(A book with chapters that have alternate views between the characters)

Fathomless by Jackson Pearce: This is a book that is told in dual perspective between two girls, Lo and Celia. It was a very interesting story about a 'Mermaid' with no memory and a girl who can see people's past. I loved the two perspectives as it was interesting reading about the thoughts of both these really fascinating characters.





9. Shine A Light 
(A character who had a broken heart)

Minerva/"Min" from Why We Broke Up by David Handler & Maira Kalman: Though I didn't like this book, it was definitely the first book that came to my mind when I read the words "Broken Heart." The book is told from the perspective of Min as she writes a letter and returns a bunch of things to her now ex-boyfriend. She goes through their whole relationship and the reasons they broke up but you can tell through it all that she was hurting quite a bit. 



10. Sorry's Not Good Enough 
(A book that talks about betrayal)

Noughts & Crosses Graphic Novel by Malorie Blackman & John Aggs: I absolutely loved this book and the message it portrayed. It is about discrimination and going against betraying your family to break past prejudice. Definitely a book about betrayal, even if it is in a small size.






11. Star Girl 
(A book that involves space or extra-terrestrials)

Saga Series by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples: This is probably one of the only stories I've read that takes place in space. It follows two characters that come from feuding planets/moons and have fallen in love. It is quite an interesting story and it does have a lot of hype. I really need to continue this series as I'm told that it gets heaps better in the future volumes.




12. The End 
(The last book in a series that left you with longing)

Champion by Marie Lu: I need more from this series as it was AMAZING!!! By the end of this book, I still wanted me despite knowing that the series was over. There was still so much that could happen and so much I still wanted to know. Marie Lu is definitely a extraordinary writer as she made me laugh, smile and cry in the span of just three books.





13. The Heart Never Lies 
(A cliché romance book)

Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: Though the story is quite cheesy and at times cliche, I still really loved it and also loved the next book in the series. It follows Anna who is sent to a boarding school in France where she meets a boy who makes being away from home so much better. I couldn't stop grinning reading this book, it really gave me butterflies in the stomach just by how cute it was.




14. Too Close For Comfort 
(A character that is placed in the friend-zone)

Charlie from The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky: This was one of the only characters that came to mind straight away that I know of who was friend-zoned. Though that part of the story isn't really as important, it was still a thing that happened and I always find it so heart breaking and awkward to read about a person who likes someone who doesn't feel the same way. Man I have been there before.




15. Transylvania 
(Your favourite book about vampires)

The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer: I think this is the only book/series I've read that involves vampires and to this day, I still really love them. I was going to pick Jacob Black for the last question but I didn't want to double up on answers considering this was my only answer for this question. Despite all the crap this series still gets, I block out the haters and will still love this series for more years to come.



So that was the McFLY book tag. I'm not too sure who to tag for this tag as I'm not too sure if many people listen to McFLY. So if you love McFLY and Books, I tag you to do this tag. Be sure to check out the the band if you haven't already as they are really amazing!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe