Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Rainy Day Reads

Hey Everyone,

Today's post is all about the perfect books to read during a rainy day. On those type of days I love to read books that are simple, light and quick. I find that by reading these type of book it helps me relax and get my mind off the terrible weather. Here are just some books that I might pick up during a rainy day. Let's get started!

5. Maybe Someday By Colleen Hoover

A wonderful love story between two different people who overcome barriers and bond over something they both love, Music. This is a perfect read for the rainy days as it is both a easy read as well as a serious one. It is a beautiful book that makes me happy when I read it.






4. Between The Lines By Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer

A creative story about a girl who falls in love with a book character who just happens to talk back to her. A fun read that is great for terrible weather as it is a joyful read that is also filled with amazing illustrations. I'm sure we can all relate to this book which makes it even more enjoyable.




3. Lola And The Boy Next Door By Stephanie Perkins

The story of a unique girl and her relationship with her amazing next door neighbour. I love a good romance book on a rainy day and so this is absolutely perfect. Filled with large amounts of cuteness as well as the equal amounts of realism, this book meets all the things I look for in a good rainy day read.




2. Attachment By Rainbow Rowell

A quirky tale of a man who reads work emails for a living and a woman who is one of the worker using the email. This book is so fun to read as you get to jump between normal text and emails. It is a story filled with both humorous and real life situations that I'm sure a lot of people can see themselves in. A perfect read for gloomy weather.





1. A Walk To Remember By Nicholas Sparks

A great love story between two unlikely teenagers who are driven towards each other unintentionally. My ultimate pick for rainy weather or purely when I have no idea what to read. This is definitely an easy read to get through that is both heart warming and heartbreaking. I would probably read this book and then straight away watch the movie adaptation. That would be a great rainy day spent. If you're going to read any book from this list on a rainy day, make it this one.



So those are my top 5 rainy day reads that I would recommend and also read myself on a gloomy rainy day. As you can tell, I love a good romance on a rainy day. Let me know what your top 5 is this week and don't forget to check out the Top 5 Wednesday group on goodreads.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe