Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Review Tuesday: Billy And Me By Giovanna Fletcher

Hey Everyone,

Today's post is a review of a couple of books I read in March last year. In honour of the reveal (last month) of the cover for the sequel, "Always In Love" the books I will be reviewing today are "Billy and Me" as well as the novella sequel, "Christmas With Billy and Me" by Giovanna Fletcher. Let's get right into it.

Title: Billy And Me
Author: Giovanna Fletcher
First Publication Year: 2013
Publisher: Penguin UK
Goodreads Link: 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16112830-billy-and-me
Plot Summary: Sophie May was just an average young woman living in a little village with her mum and working in the local teashop but that was until she met Billy. After a film starts production in Sophie's little town, she meets the well known young actor Billy and instantly the two fall for each other. Will their relationship be able survive in the spotlight? How will Sophie cope with her life being made public?

Full Review:Let me start off by saying that I was very excited to finally read this book as Giovanna Fletcher is one of my favourite people in the world as I follow her and her family on Youtube and all her other social medias. I went into this book not really knowing what to expect as I purely bought it because it had Fletcher's name on it. I found that her writing was very easy to get in to as it flowed quite well and her style made the story enjoyable. This being said I did have trouble keeping up with the events that took place in the story as I felt it jumped around a lot between each moment. Things also seemed to escalate quite quickly in the relationship and in the lives of the characters but despite this I still enjoyed reading about Sophie and Billy's relationship. At the beginning I found them extremely cute and I felt I could relate to Sophie and the way she felt and reacted to certain things. Although as things progressed I was not a massive fan of the drama that took place as well as the glimpses into Billy's life as a celebrity as I found it quite annoying. In the end I really liked Sophie as a character and loved the way she described and spoke of things that were important to her no matter if it was happy or sad. Overall I still really enjoyed reading this book and I just could not put it down. The writing is what kept me going as the book was well written. If you like a good chick lit you should definitely check this one out but in the end I still think there were moments that were missing as well as some that could of been expanded. Even if I couldn't relate to their relationship I still found it fun to read about. I think this was a great debut novel for Giovanna Fletcher and I am looking forward to continue following her growth within her future novels. I will definitely be picking up a copy of the sequel “Always With Love” which I am really excited to read. I would love to see where Sophie and Billy’s relationship will go next. Be sure to check out her blog and her Youtube to follow her life and wanders as she is absolutely incredible.
Star Rating: 3.5/5 Stars!



Title: Christmas With Billy And Me
Author: Giovanna Fletcher
First Publication Year: 2014
Publisher: Penguin UK
Goodreads Link: 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23508779-christmas-with-billy-and-me
Plot Summary: Christmas is always a magical time for Sophie but this year may just be one of the most memorable ones. After receiving an anonymous email from a man who wishes to use her teashop to propose to his girlfriend, Sophie with the help of her family and Billy, work together to try to make this Christmas wonderful for the mysterious couple as well as for themselves. Can they pull off the perfect proposal for complete strangers?

Full Review: After just finishing Billy and Me, I jumped straight into this novella about Sophie and her family. I absolutely loved reading this and found extremely cute and at times quite heart-warming that I did shed a couple of tears. I think I may have liked this one a little bit more than the original story. I still really love Sophie but I also started to love Billy too as I didn’t really enjoy reading about him in the original novel. You see a different side of these characters in this story. I loved the insight into Sophie's family life as well as I had wanted to hear more about her mother. I also enjoyed the fact that it was set at Christmas time which, like Sophie, is my favourite time of year. I think though my absolute favourite thing about this novella was Gi's tips at the end which are both cute, hilarious and absolutely made me literally laugh out loud. Overall I found this book to be fantastic and I think it's even a great read on its own, if you haven't read Billy and Me as she also back tracks the events in this book and explains the important things that had been mentioned in the original novel. Giovanna Fletcher has a great writing style and sure knows how to write a cute romance that could not stop me from smiling. I definitely recommend reading this novella even if you had troubles with Billy and Me and it completely changed my opinion of the story. I was hoping that I would get to read more short stories or novels about this couple as we see their relationship grow more in this text and so I was really excited to hear about the upcoming sequel which comes out in June this year. I can’t wait to see where their relationship is headed to next.
Star Rating: 5/5 Stars!

COMING SOON

Title: Always With Love
Author: Giovanna Fletcher 
Publication Date: June 2nd 2016
Publisher: Penguin UK
Goodreads Link: 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27168474-always-with-love
Plot Summary: The next chapter for Sophie and Billy as Sophie travels to L.A to meet Billy's family. Although things take a turn after Billy extends his stay, leaving Sophie to travel back to the U.K by herself. Will their relationship withstand the distance?
Full Review: Be sure to keep an eye out in June for a review of this book as I will definitely be getting a copy of this book as soon as it comes out.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe