Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Book You're Intimidated By

Hey Everyone,

Today's post is all about books that intimidate me. There is a lot of books and series that are pretty daunting to me and so I usually put off reading them for as long as possible. I normally get intimidated by the size of a book more than the story itself. An example of this was that I was really afraid to read Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix because its 800 pages long but I eventually had to read it to progress the series. This is just one reason as to why some books intimidate me more than others. So here are my top five books that I am intimidated by. Let's get started!

5. More Than This By Patrick Ness

I have yet to read a Patrick Ness book but I've heard amazing things about this one. What intimidated me is not only is it almost 500 pages long (which too me is big) but also it seems to have a complex plot that many reviewers say is better to experience than be told. I really want to read this but I am more hesitant to pick it up because I have no idea what I'll be getting myself into. I hear that is really creative and beautifully executed but I'm too afraid to start it. 



4. Nineteen Minutes By Jodi Picoult

Out of all the Jodi Picoult books, this is the one that interests me the most. Before even knowing what this book is about, I was scared to read Picoult's books due to the subjects she deals with and this book is no exception as it follows the story of a school shooting. I haven't read anything about a school shooting before but I am interested to read more about it as it's always both terrified and intrigued me. This is also probably one of her more lengthy books as well and so it's a bit intimidating to read a long book about a tough subject. Hopefully I will get to it soon but for now, it shall sit on the shelf.


3. The Bronze Horseman By Paullina Simons

Okay, so for this particular book, I will admit that I simply keep putting this book off due to the size. It is an epic historical romance novel that I've heard nothing but great things about and I'm sure I too will love it. In saying this, it is a long book and it is only the first book in a 3 book series where the other books are also quite long. I've also heard this book will break my heart and so I need to be mentally prepared for that too. I will eventually read this book but I need to get past the size and feels first before I can.


2. Throne Of Glass By Sarah J Maas

So this book has a similar reason to the Bronze Horseman but with some slight differences. I'm not too intimidated by the size of this first book but it has become apparent that the books only get bigger after the first book.That in itself is quite frightening for me but one of the main things about this book that intimidates me more that the length is the massive hype that surrounds it. Everyone talks about this book and series with such complimentary words that my expectations for it now is quite high and because of that, I simply can't get myself to read it. 


1. The Time Traveler's Wife By Audrey Niffenegger

So in the number one spot is actually a book that I had on my TBR for this month but have yet again put off. The Time Traveler's Wife is actually one of my favourite movies but I have yet to read the book and I think it may be for a couple reasons. One reason is because of how much I already love the story and so I don't want to love the movie more or less because of how I find the book. The other reason (and probably the main one) is that the movie itself, got confusing at times and so I'm worried that the book will be really hard to follow and that I will not be able to understand it. That is the main reason why it intimidates me because I don't want it to make me seem dumb. I am determined to finally read it because it's got great reviews but I have no idea when that will actually happen.



So those are my top 5 books that intimidate me and I promise I will get to them eventually. Let me know what your top 5 is this week and don't forget to check out the Top 5 Wednesday group on goodreads.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe