Thursday, April 21, 2016

6 Authors I Have Yet To Read!

Hey Everyone,

Today's post is all about authors. I only discovered booktube, bookstagram and goodreads over the last couple years and I must say that since then I have been introduced to so many authors that I had never previously heard of. Though I've tried to have at least read one book of some of the more popular authors I have heard of, I have still so many more that I have failed to check out. Here is a list of six authors (as well as the main book of theirs that I want to read) that I am kicking myself for still not reading. So in no particular order, let's get started!

1. Morgan Matson

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour: I heard about Morgan Matson when her last book, Since You've Been Gone had just been released. There was talk about her and the book everywhere and I looked up what other books she had written. This one has gotten a lot of positive reviews and the story sounded perfect for me as I love a good contemporary. I really need to read this book as soon as I can because I just know that I'm going to enjoy it.



2. Jenny Han

To All The Boys I've Loved Before: I heard about Jenny Han off Regan from Peruse Project on Youtube when she read "The Summer I Turned Pretty" trilogy and loved it. The books sound light and fluffy which I was looking for at the time but never got around to reading them. This book was then released not too long after and I was immediately drawn towards it. I have put it in my monthly tbr a couple of times now and still haven't picked it up.




3. Patrick Ness

More Than This: I discovered Patrick Ness during my dystopian book phase and was recommended to read the Chaos Walking Trilogy. I honestly wasn't keen on reading the series until I heard people talking about it. I am however very excited to read this book but like I have mentioned in my Top 5 Wednesday post this week, it intimidates me quite a bit. I picked up this book randomly at a book store purely because of the cover but after reading the synopsis, I am interested to see what happens in the story.


4. Sarah J Maas

Throne Of Glass: This is a highly respected series of books that are recommended for to read. I did a mention this book in my Top 5 Wednesday post as well which explains why I have yet to try it out. Pretty much this series has a lot of hype that I'm afraid will disappoint me and also it is going to be a 7 book series which is intimidating in itself. I really gotta read this book soon though just so I finally know what everyone is talking about.




5. Cecelia Ahern

Where Rainbows End (Love, Rosie): I actually started this book a while ago before the movie came out but for some reason just never finished it. I've also seen the movie for P.S I Love You which I didn't even know was a book first. Ahern seems to be a highly regarded adult fiction writer and because I normally read Y.A, I still haven't read one of her books. Hope to fix that soon so that I can finally say that I've read her books before.


6. Jane Austen

Pride And Prejudice: I know, I can't believe it either but yes it is indeed true that I have yet to read a book by Jane Austen. This book in particular is the one I really want to read as I've heard it's really easy to get into. I have also watched all the Bridget Jones Diary movies which was based on Pride & Prejudice. I want to read all her books but this is the one I want to start with and the one that people recommend me to read first.





So that is just a few great authors that I still need to read from. I have plenty more in mind and so maybe I'll share more at a later date. Let me know what are some of the authors you need to check out?

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe