Friday, April 1, 2016

Book Tag Friday: The Book Heart Tag

Hey Everyone,

Today I will be doing The Book Heart Tag which was particularly made for Valentines day but I felt like doing it this week for you guys. I stumbled upon this tag as I was going through my subscription feed and saw Lindsey (over at Lindsey Rey on Youtube) do it and thought it looked fun. This tag however was originally created by Booktubers, Sanne at Booksandquills and Jean at Bookishthoughts Be sure to check out both the original video and Lindsey's video to see their answers to this questions. They are all amazing Booktubers and highly recommend checking them out.

So let's get started!

1. Who is your favourite literary couple?

Landon Carter & Jamie Sullivan (A Walk Too Remember by Nicholas Sparks): I have read a lot of contemporary novels and have seen a lot of really good literary couples but these two would definitely be my favourite. They are just completely perfect with each other (Photo on the right is Mandy Moore and Shane West playing these characters in the movie adaptation).

2. What's your Top 3 of fictional boyfriends/girlfriends?

3 - Lincoln O'Neill (Attachments by Rainbow Rowell): He is a nerdy guy who is just trying to figure out what he wants to do in his life. He is also really sweet and caring to others.
2 - Scott Pilgrim (Scott Pilgrim Series by Bryan Lee O'Malley): Honestly he is a bit of a loser and a lazy ass but he is also really kick-ass when he needs to be. He's also really talented as well and is able to work really hard for things he wants.
1 - Cricket Bell (Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins): He's smart, attractive and really sweet. Throughout the whole book, I was just falling harder and harder for him as he was just perfect. I have yet to find another fictional guy who is as good as him. (Image on left was created by Simini Blocker).




3. What's a romantic trope you wish people would stop using?

Mysterious guy with a dark past: I have read some books with this trope and it's never really good. The latest book I read with this trope was Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover and I must say, I did not enjoy it. The guy's story was interesting but it being mixed in with the romance was just annoying. It's over done.

4. Which literary couple are terrible for each other?

Tate Collins & Miles Archer (Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover): Their relationship was very dysfunctional as they both wanted different things and he was still trying to figure out his own personal stuff. It just didn't work for me.


5. Best romance book to movie adaptation?

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green: A Walk to Remember would of been my first choice but since I've mentioned that one already, The Fault In Our Stars would probably come next in romance books that I've read and watched. A beautiful as well as heart breaking story that made me cry so much while watching the movie but I still loved it. The movie was so faithful to the book which I really appreciated. (The photo on the left is the post for the movie which starred Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort)




6. What is the best book to read to your boyfriend/girlfriend?

The Wicked Years Series by Gregory Maguire: I read a lot of romance but I feel like if I'm going to read a book with my partner, it should be one that has elements that we can both enjoy. I chose this series because even though I've only read the first book, it had all different types of things going on within the story. There is romance, fantasy, adventure, history and magic. I loved the first book and think everyone can enjoy it. I only expect it to get better from the first book.


7. Which book would you say is your favourite on a first date?

Alice's Adventure's In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll: This definitely one of my favourite books and I wouldn't be embarrassed to admit that on a first date. It's a great adventure book about a girl who is just trying to find a way home away from this quirky world of Wonderland. I'm sure everyone has heard this story before even just through the Disney movie and so I'm sure we could talk about it.



8. Best book to read after a break up?

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: Weirdly enough, I would find more comfort in reading a romance novel than reading anything else. Despite being sad over a break up, I would probably just pick up this book to get my mind off the heart break. This is an easy read and definitely gives you feels about the characters. I love a good romance when it comes to bad situations.





9. What is your favourite same sex or queer couple in literature?

Peter & Jasper (Love Is The Higher Law by David Levithan): Honestly, I haven't read many LGBTQ+ books and so I really only had one couple for this question. This book isn't entirely based around their relationship but it is a small part of it. I really enjoyed reading about these two characters together and found it cute. I really need to read more LGBTQ+ books, I have so many on my bookshelf that I need to finally pick up but for now Peter and Jasper are my answer.


10. Which book would you give to someone as a symbol of your affection?

Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley: If they were a big reader, I would probably give them something more towards what they like to show that I care about them and what they like but in the case that they aren't a reader, I would choose this book. It's a fun graphic novel about a girl who finds out that with a little help she can redo all her mistakes and she learns from that experience. It's one of my favourite graphic novels and think there is a great message to it. I think it will show how I feel, as I am sharing something I really love with them. I think everyone can enjoy this book.

So that's The Book Heart Tag and I tag Meg, Tuani, Melissa and Zoe. Be sure to check out any of the bloggers/booktubers I mentioned in this post as they are all really amazing!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

2 comments:

  1. I've just remembered this tag! Thanks for tagging me!
    I have a huge list of tags to post, but I'll make sure this one is included! ;)

    Loved your answers by the way. I so agree on Anna and the French Kiss and Landon&Jamie ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries :) I'm looking forward to reading your post when you get to it :)

      Oh my gosh, I know right. I couldn't do post about love without including them ;)

      Delete

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe