Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Worst Love Interests

Hey Everyone,

Welcome to another Top 5 Wednesday. Today's topic is the five worst love interests in fiction. Rarely ever do I dislike the love interest of a character but there are a few I can think of. I'm also going to be adding graphic novel characters into the mix as well. I don't want to spoil any of the books I'm about to mention, so I won't be going into detail as to why I disliked them but I will give a couple sentence explanation.

HERE WE GO!!!

5. Ramona Flowers from the Scott Pilgrim Series

Don't get me wrong, Scott Pilgrim is my favourite graphic novel series but sometimes I really thought that Ramona didn't really match with Scott. There were moments that were perfect but other times she was quite irritating. On her own, she is an interesting character though.





4. Beatrice "Tris" Prior from the Divergent Trilogy

This trilogy was an interesting read in a dystopian sense but when it came to the relationship between Tris and Four, I wasn't the hugest fan. They did have some good moments but overall I was not really into it and most of the time it was because of Tris. She is a strong character as an individual but just not as a love interest.





3. William "Will" Herondale from the Infernal Devices Graphic Novels

So I haven't read the actual book but I have read the manga versions and from that I wasn't a huge fan of Will. I had heard a lot about him prior to reading the series but when I finally started the series I was really surprised to see that I wasn't interested in his character. He did have some good moments that made me swoon a bit and like the other people on this list, he is a pretty strong character but he just didn't sit well with me.


2. Tate Collins from Ugly Love

There was a lot of things I didn't like about this book and Tate was a big chunk of it. Between the two characters, I wasn't a fan of reading her side of the story as she very annoying to read about. She always seemed insecure about herself but she was also really pushy. Between the two of them she was the weaker character but overall, they were both not very good love interests. 




1. Jacob Black from the Twilight Saga

The love interest that I dislike the most is Jacob Black. I was always #TeamEdward, so that is probably why I didn't like him very much. I felt like he was trying to control Bella and trying to push her into loving him. I didn't like his attitude when it came to Bella's relationship with Edward. Like I have said about the other characters on this list, His individual story is quite interesting but he was a terrible love interest. 



As you can probably tell, I like a lot of these characters in the books but just not as a love interest. I'm not entirely sure if I did this Top 5 right but I still hope you enjoyed reading it. Be sure to check out the Goodreads group (https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-wednesday) and join in the fun. 

Hope you're all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe