Friday, February 26, 2016

Book Tag Friday: My Intimidating TBR Pile Tag

Hey Everyone,

Today's post is a tag that I saw on Lindsey's Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/LindseyRey) which is called the "My Intimidating TBR Pile Tag". This is an original tag created by her a couple of years ago which she recently did again. I have a large TBR and so I figured this would be the perfect tag. If you would like to see Lindsey's video the link is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UdCveZR5cI.

Let's Get Started!!!


1. What book have you been unable to finish?

Lexicon by Max Barry - It wasn't that it was a bad book but it got a little confusing for me to read since I don't read a lot of books in that genre and so I put it down to read something else. I do still want to read it but at the moment it's just not something I think I'll be reading for a while.






2. What book have you yet to read because you just haven't had the time?

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - So many books I guess could be the answer to this question but Fangirl is definitely the one I have been putting off for a while. I love Rainbow Rowell and I know I'm gonna love this book but I just haven't had the time or energy to read it. I'm not a hugely busy person but this is probably one of the bigger sized contemporary books I have and it takes me a while to finish books and so I've been putting it off to read something smaller. 


3. What book have you yet to read because it's a sequel?

The Queen Of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter - This is the third book in the White Rabbit Chronicles series. I read the first two book back to back and really enjoyed them. I then waited over a year for the 3rd book to come out (which I pre-ordered). Since receiving it, I just haven't picked it up because it's been so long since I read the other books. 






4. What book have you yet to read because it's brand new?

Dumplin by Julie Murphy - I received this book from one of my work friends just last week. I really want to read it because the story really interests me. I've heard pretty good things about it and hope that I enjoy it. 





5. What book have you yet to read because you read a book by the same author and didn't enjoy it?

Every Day by David Levithan - I read The Lover's Dictionary by the same author and really disliked it. I was unable to finish it because it made me so annoyed. Since then I have been hesitant to pick up his other books even though I've heard good things about them. I have most of his books but Every Day is probably the one I want to read the most.




6. What book have you yet to read because you're just not in the mood for it?

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K Rowling - Most of you may not know this but I have actually never finished the Harry Potter series. I have the read the first 2 books a few times but every time I get to this one, I just get out of the mood to read it and put it off. I know I'm going to enjoy this series but at the moment, I'm not really in the mood for magic.



7. What book have you yet to read because it's humongous? 

The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons - This is a big book with over 600 pages. It is a historical fiction book filled with romance which I'm going to love but the size scares me a little bit. Hopefully I will get to this one soon.





8. What book have you yet to read because it was a cover buy that turned out to have poor reviews?

The World According To Anna by Jostein Gaarder - This is a book I saw at a publisher event and just really loved the cover and so when it was released I had to buy it. There hss an average of 3.22 on Goodreads which isn't a bad rating. I still want to read it but at the moment, I would much rather read books that I have heard great things about.




9. What is the most intimidating book in your TBR pile?

The Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J Maas - I don't know if this counts for this question but this was the first thing that popped in my heard when I think of intimidating. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this series but have seriously been putting it off due to it being a genre that is out of my comfort zone. I really want to start it but I keep putting it off as more books get released. This is going to be a 7 book series with already 4 books already out that only get bigger in size with each book. It's very intimidating to me.



10. Who do you tag?

I'm not too sure who to tag because I'm kind of new to this blogging world and so I tag anyone who has a massive TBR like I do. I would love to see your answers so be sure to link it to me if you decide to do it.

Thank you to Lindsey for creating such a fun tag and I hope you all enjoyed having a look at some of the books I have on my TBR. Again, be sure to comment a link to your page if you do this tag as I would love to see your answers.

I hope you're having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe