Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Book Haul #2

Welcome All to another BOOK HAUL!

The books I have to show you today, I am very excited about but this little stack is just a little glimpse of the amount of books I bought since my last book haul.



The first book I’d like to share with you is actually a set of 3 books.

Title: Night World Series By L.J. Smith
I bought this set of 3 books from Booktopia because for a very long time I have wanted to pick up this series. Basically this is a 10 book series (the 10th book has yet to be released) which follows the story of a secret society of vampires, werewolves, witches and shapeshifters that live amoung humans without the people knowing of their existence. Each book follows a different main character as we see how they try to mingle into the human world while concealing their true identity. I have always found this concept so interesting. A lot of people may think the concept of vampires has been over used but I think this series will be a good one. I am very excited to read about characters that are witches the most because I feel that there isn’t a lot of paranormal novels surrounding witches and I think it would be fascinating to read about them. With 9 of the books already released I think the set I bought was quite a steal as each book contains 3 books.

Volume One :

Contains;
1.       Secret Vampire
2.       Daughters of Darkness
3.       Enchantress


Volume Two:

Contains;
4.       Dark Angel
5.       The Chosen
6.       Soulmate


Volume Three:

Contain;
7.       Huntress
8.       Black Dawn
9.       Witchlight


I am really looking forward to getting stuck into this series and hopefully start it before the 10th book comes out, which has not been announced yet. If you’re interested in paranormal novels, I recommend you pick up this series for real cheap on Booktopia. Also the author of these books is also the author of the book series “The Vampire Diaries” and so if you enjoy those you may enjoy these books.

The next couple of books are novels by an author that I have heard great things about;




Title: Eleanor & Park By Rainbow Rowell
As I said, I have heard great things about this author by a lot of booktubers and goodreads reviewers and so I decided to pick up a couple of her books from work. The book follows the story of two people (Eleanor and Park) and is told from both of their perspectives throughout each chapter. The two teenagers are seen as misfits and different from everyone else but they find each other. It’s a story of young love and falling in love for the first time. I am very excited to read this book as I’m a sucker when it comes to young love stories. I just love reading about teenagers discovering themselves as well as opening up their hearts for the first time. I like relating to books and I’m sure this book will remind me what it is like when I was 16.  I’m looking forward to getting to know this author’s writing style and reading her books as they all read really well in the blurbs as well as receiving such great reviews from fellow readers online.


Title: Fangirl By Rainbow Rowell
This is another book that I’ve heard great things about, so I definitely wanted to get a copy of it and have a read of it myself. The book tells the story of identical twins, Cath and Wren. Growing up they become great fans of a book series and spend a lot of their time on forums and creating fan fiction. Cath becomes more engulfed in the fandom than her sister and as they are about to embark on the next phase on their life in college, the book follows Cath’s journey as she learns to move forward in life and maybe leave her fandom behind. The concept of this book seems very interesting as it’s very modern with the mentions of fan faction and forums on the internet. Everyone has been a huge fan of something that sometimes it may even become part of your life and so I think this book will be very relatable. I’m really looking forward to reading this one as again, it reads really well in its synopsis. I’d also like to take a second to just say how much I love this book cover. It is so simple yet so beautiful. This is a book that I’m sure I will be reading very soon.


Title: Everyday By David Levithan
I’ve heard lots of good things about David Levithan and he was actually recommended to me by a friend of mine. I read through many of the blurbs of his books but this one seemed to interest me the most. When I realised we had a copy of it at work I just knew I needed to buy it. The story is about a person named “A”. A wakes up every day in someone else’s body and lives that person’s life for that day. A learns to get used to this and knows never to get attached but then one day A wakes in someone’s body and meets someone who changes all his rules. I seriously cannot contain how excited I am about this book. The story seems so intriguing and so different from other books I have read so far. I love the concept of a person living other people’s lives and I love the fact they the blurb didn’t seem to establish a gender for A, leaving that element to the imagination of the reader. I am really looking forward to reading this book and finally beginning my relationship with David Levithan novels. I’m sure this book is as good as I think it is, I will be reading more of his books.

That is my book haul for the day. I have loads more books to show you guys over the coming weeks that I plan on buying as well as those I already own that I have yet to read. I have a couple more reviews to post this week so be sure to keep a look out for those.

Hope you enjoyed my book haul and if you have read any of these books, I would love to hear your thoughts


Keep Reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe