Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Favourite Character Names

Hey Everyone,

Today's post is all about character names. There are some pretty awesome character names in books that I probably would have never thought about until I read the book. So this week's top 5 Wednesday list is just some of the great names I have come across. But before we get into the list, I have an important announcement to make about my blog for the month of June.

As I have said in a previous post, my work schedule has increased quite a lot lately which has been effecting my posts over the last month or so. This has been one of the reasons that I have brought down the number of days I post. Well for the month of June, things get just a little more crazy as I will be working up to 5 days a week for the next few weeks. So because of this increase of shifts, my posts will probably not be following the schedule. I will try every week to get out at least 2 posts but I am not too sure what days I will be able to put them up. So please be patient with me for the rest of the month and hopefully by next month, I will be able to go back to the regular schedule.

NOW ONTO THE POST!

5. Charlie From Perks Of Being A Wallflower By Stephen Chbosky

Despite the fact that the character wasn't that great, I still really liked his name. I don't know exactly what it is about it that I like but I really like the sound of it. It is such a fun name but can also sounds like an old school kind of name. I just really like it would definitely consider it as a name for a future child I may have.




4. Violet From The A Series Of Unfortunate Events By Lemony Snicket

It is just such a beautiful name and automatically makes me think of flowers. I actually don't know anyone by the name Violet but I'm sure if I did, I would constantly tell them how cool their name is. It's just such a bright name but also a name that gives off the idea of sophistication and beauty. I really like the sound of it. 




3. Eleanor From Eleanor & Park By Rainbow Rowell

I've heard this name before when I was younger and didn't fancy it very much but over the last few years that has really changed. After reading about Eleanor in Rainbow Rowell's book, I straight away fell in love with the name for sure. The character really made my love this name and now whenever I hear it, I think of how beautiful it is.






2. Alice From Alice's Adventure's In Wonderland By Lewis Carroll

I love the name Alice and I have loved it for a very long time actually. I've been a huge fan of this book for a while and so that is probably one of the reasons, I like the name so much but I also just think that it's a really amazing name. Whenever I find out a character's name is Alice, I kind of fall in love with them straight away. Another Alice I love is the Alice from the Twilight Saga and she is super kick-ass.



1. Jasper From The Twilight Saga By Stephenie Meyer

Honestly all the names in this series are pretty amazing but Jasper is absolutely my favourite one. I actually posted about this for one of my bookstagram challenges that I would probably name one of my future children Jasper. I actually loved this name so much after reading it, that I named my pet fish Jasper and really got attached to it. I really love this name as well as the character it came from.





So those are the top 5 of my favourite character names. Be sure to let me know what your top 5 is for this week and don't forget to check out the Top 5 Wednesday group on goodreads.

Also thank you all for your constant support and patient during this busy time for me. 

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe