Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Book Theme Songs

Hey Everyone,

Today's all about songs that remind me of books when I hear them. Music and books can present stories, feelings and messages that people can relate to and learn from. I find this to be quite amazing and so I'm glad that this week I get to share with you all some songs, that when I listen to them, I am able to connect it with a book I have read. Let us get straight into it!

5. Absolutely (Story Of A Girl) By Nine Days 
(Eleanor & Park By Rainbow Rowell)


I feel like this song perfectly expresses the story of this book. To me this song is about a guy who loves a girl who is may not have everything and may be dealing with a lot of issues but still remains strong about the situation. Eleanor and Park was that kind of story for me as I saw this wonderful girl go through such hardships but still remained tough. Also Park still ends up falling for her despite all the differences they share. Such a perfect connection of song and book.


4. I Should Tell You By Rent Cast 
(The Fault In Our Stars By John Green)


This song is all about opening up to someone who cares about you and who you might feel the same for. In the musical Rent, it is the moment when one character finally opens up his heart to another character who seemed to like him. This is what kind of happens in The Fault In Our Stars as it's pretty clear from the beginning that one seems to feel more for the other person than they do for them or at least that's what it looks like. It's also forgetting about your own personal baggage to allow love to come into your life which is quite a similar topic in both the musical and the book.

3. Love Like This By Amy Pearson 
(Twilight By Stephenie Meyer)


This song is all about endless love and kind of experiencing love for the very first time. This is absolutely perfect for the Twilight Saga as Edward feels this kind of love for Bella and she for him from the very beginning of the series. The song says "I thought I had the whole thing figured out, Till I found you" which reminds me of how Edward is the only Cullen without a partner and kind of seemed happy that way until he met Bella. It becomes pretty obvious that Edward really loves Bella and would do anything to protect her because he's never felt that way for anyone before which is exactly what the song is about.

2. Moonlight By Ariana Grande 
(Maybe, Someday By Colleen Hoover)


This is one of my new favourite songs since Ariana Grande's new album, Dangerous Woman came out in May. As soon as I heard this topic for top 5 Wednesday, I knew that I had to use it and there was a book that I instantly thought of and that way Maybe, Someday by Colleen Hoover. The song to me is all about feeling a connection to another person and for them to be something really special to you like "Moonlight". This was what I got from Maybe, Someday as the two characters immediately felt an amazing bond between each other. I don't want to spoil anything but if you have read this book and heard this song you will know exactly what I'm trying to say. It's an amazing love that makes two people connect instantly. 

1. Take My Heart Back by Jennifer Love Hewitt 
(A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks)


This song is one of my all time favourite songs and this book (as we all know) is my all time favourite book which is perfect because they actually work really well together. I don't want to say too much as it will really spoil the book for those who may want to read it. All I will say is that if you look up the lyrics for this song and also read the book, you will definitely see a connection between to the two. It again is about endless love that will last forever, no matter what. I would go into more detail about my thoughts but I want more people to read this book because it is amazing.

So those are the top 5 songs that I associate with books. Be sure to let me know what your top 5 is for this week and don't forget to check out the Top 5 Wednesday group on goodreads.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe