Thursday, June 2, 2016

Book Tag Thursday: Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

Hey Everyone,

Today's tag post is one that I saw Sasha over at A Book Utopia on YouTube do a while ago. I thought that it looked really interesting as it is all to do with sharing your own opinions of books that other people may disagree with. I have a lot of views of books that I have found a lot of people don't share and so I figured this tag is perfect for me to showcase some of them. This awesome tag was originally created by KaShawn over at The Book Archer on YouTube. Be sure to check out both Sasha's video and KaShawn's video of this tag as they are both pretty amazing. Now let's get into the tag!

1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover: I've talked about this before in the past but I really didn't like this book very much. I can see why people hype this book up but I really didn't enjoy reading it. There were some good aspects to it but overall it really wasn't my type of book. I definitely didn't realise what I was getting myself into when reading this book but I just wasn't a huge fan of the story or some of the characters.





2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.

Wicked: The Life And Times Of The Wicked Witch Of The West by Gregory Maguire: This was a hard one as I wasn't able to think of one from the top of my head and so I went to my book list on goodreads and found that this book had an average rating of 3.50. This book is definitely one of my favourites which I think more people need to love.




3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don't like.

You're The One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher: Don't worry I won't spoil the story for you guys but let's just say that I did not like who ended up with who. I knew deep inside that it would never work out if the two people I wanted actually got together. Though it may make sense, I would have still loved if it ended differently.



4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.

Fantasy: I'm not a huge fantasy reader. I love to read the occasional magical and fantastical story but I have always been someone who loves to read books that are relatable and eye opening. I find that I can relate less to fantasy books as it isn't really something I can experience myself. I love reading contemporary books as it isn't too far off reality.

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.

William Herondale from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare: It's not like I hated him or anything but I know that a lot of people really love him and I seriously didn't feel that strongly for him. I have only read the mangas of this series, so that might be why but even from just that, he wasn't the greatest character.




6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.

Rick Riordan: So I have tried to read the first book in the Percy Jackson series a really long time ago but I remember that I didn't get very far. Also recently, I tried to pick it up again but the graphic novel version and still wasn't able to get through it. I actually want to get into his books as I just keep hearing great things about them but at the moment, I can't seem to get through even just the first book.





7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)

Bad Boy & Good Girl: I really don't like this trope though I am guilty of reading books that involve it. I have read some pretty good takes on this trope but lately I've only come across pretty typical and honestly kind of annoying stories. I don't want to point out any titles but I am really tired of the use of this trope.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.

The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo: Though I hear such great things about this series, I really has just never appealed to me and so I am pretty sure I will never read it. I always hear people talking about this series but I think that the fact its a fantasy book, is probably one of the big reasons why I have no interest in ever picking it up. They do have amazing covers though.



9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks: If you have watched this movie and also read the books, the reason why the movie is so much better is pretty obvious. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who doesn't know the story of The Notebook, but let's just say that though I did enjoy the book, I was still very disappointed with it as I had watched the movie beforehand and found that they were a bit different. To me the movie made way more sense than the book did in particular bits. I'll leave it there before I spoil big parts of the plot. All I'll say is, just watch the movie for this one, and don't worry about reading it first.

So that was The Unpopular Opinions Book Tag. I had a lot of fun doing this tag and hope you all enjoyed reading it too. Be sure to check out the booktubers that I mentioned in this post as they are amazing. Also if you have any tags that you would like me to see, please leave your suggestion down in the comments as I am always looking for tags to complete.

I decided not to tag anyone for this tag as I'm not entirely sure who has done this tag as it was going around online quite a long time ago. So if you would like to do it, I tag you and be sure to also leave me a link in the comments so I can check out your answers

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe